Thursday, March 29, 2012

TED talk

First of all, that guy was awesome.

Now that we've got that out of the way...
I agree with what Niall was saying. In my opinion, the West is falling. Though I am only in high school, I feel as though I can see the signs of an aging civilization everywhere. Simply turning on the news, and considering the stories in perspective, can make one's head spin at what is truly going on in this country, and to some extent, in other Western countries. There is one point where I did disagree with Niall, however. I do not think the West can be saved, barring a non-nuclear war. The seeds of lethargy have been planted in America, and the only way to dis-root them is to join the country together to obtain one goal. It has happened before: WWII, the space race, and even the war in Iraq to some extent. Unless we can all join together for one purpose, we will fall. This is why I believe the East, particularly China, is strong. Though not a true Communist state, the citizens of China are tasked with the preservation of the state. The citizens of America are simply concerned with the preservation of the self. I am not saying that Communism is the answer, but if one looks at the current state of our country, the flaws will become clear. What actually works? I don't know, but I bet someone in China does....

...I hope you enjoyed my rant....

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you--a common cause is what is missing in America today. But I don't think that all is lost,...yet! As soon as I figure out what that cause could be though, I'll share it with you and you can be the leader of that movement...

    ReplyDelete