Thursday, October 6, 2011

Viva la gramática no! (long live no grammar)

I believe that our blog posts should not be graded on grammar, length or style. I do believe, however, that if people write a post that is illegible, lik if I rote a post lik this OMG tat would b awsome!, the post should disregarded, or counted as a zero. I believe that there is a firm line: either the post is legible or it is not, and anything in between should not affect the grade of a blog post. In terms of length, I believe personally that less is more in terms of writing, and if an idea can eloquently be articulated in a smaller amount of words, there is no point to add filler. On the same side, however, whatever length it is, it must have quality. This is why I believe that the only one of the four possible grading categories should be quality. In terms of style: blogs are personal, writing styles are personal. Grading something personal using impersonal standards just is not fair. I believe that you should be the one grading the blog posts, though maybe with a few changes. That means either fewer blog posts that are worth more, or a less in depth assessment of the post. I believe that people can earn zeros even if they write something, and this is more of a fine line with your grading style as it is mostly subjective. If the post is totally irrelevant, then give that person a zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment