Tuesday, November 1, 2011

You wanted a post....but baby I don't do posts

This will be less of a post and more of a list 
Excuse my reference to angsty teen music (you wanted a hit by LCD sound system)

Three things that went well:
1. Coordination, i.e. who does which parts
2. "Divide and conquer" strategy (nerdy I know) for doing the work
3. Proof reading the paper (spell check misses a surprising amount)

Three things that did not go well:
1. The choice of goods was constantly changing which created confusion
2. The "waiting until the last moment" strategy, which actually works well with the "drink more coffee" strategy
3. Uhh...Uhhh.... the map might have been made better I guess (<---- filler answer)

What was hard:
1. Map is physical so we have to meet physically to collaborate on it. Come on, meeting for projects is so 2005, this is the Google Docs age! I shouldn't have to move from my chair to do my project!
2. The scale seemed more like busy work than something that was important to our knowledge of the Silk Road

Collaboration!
It was good, my partner was very affable, and I believe that the work was evenly distributed and that both my partner and I produced a better quality of work because it was split between the two of us.

What I would do better, i.e. what would I do if I had a time machine
1. Save the President (which president you ask? ALL OF THEM)
2. Try to finish the map while we were together in school
3. Made sure that the products we chose were easily re-searchable
4. 1.21 Gigawatts!!

1 comment:

  1. 1) Really? all of them? I'd let McKinley go...
    2)Why was your choice of goods constantly changing?
    3)I think in the 21st century you should be able to collaborate going 88 miles per hour! Think McFly, Think!

    ReplyDelete